Saturday, August 7, 2010

* Big Bird

I wanted to make some kids cards and I love the faces I have seen of the Sesame Street Gang but I wanted more than faces. This is my attempt to make Big Bird full size. I am not sure I like it. I will look at it for a while or if any of you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them. I used Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango and printed out the Big Bird quote in Word using RGB to make it Tangerine Tango and printed it out on Daffodil Delight and then punched it out. I used Pale Plum for the legs because none of our new colors would match. 
Big Bird


9 comments:

rush8888 said...

you done good! rush8888 at att dot net

Kim said...

cute! this will be on the punch art inspirations of the day tomorrow on my blog

ThreadCatcher said...

I like how this turned out. You did a good job. Thanks for sharing.
jmniffer at comcast dot net

Anonymous said...

Jennifer,
I think he is adorable. Maybe you think the yellow is not as bright as he is. I think he looks just like himself (LOL). Suggestion, as I would think you would give him to a child, ask some small children what they think of your project, they would probably think Big-bird right away, unless they are from another country and they do not have access to any television or advertising. I think you did a great job. Thanks for sharing.

Gale
gale.sewell at indwes dot edu

Lucy said...

Great Big Bird, I recognized him, but as you asked for suggestions. I would say some of his hair could have some white in it, on his eyes a thin line of blue across his white eye-ball and his beak a bit more pointed. Sorry but my child has a large poster of Sesame Street on his wall that I see every-day!

Lisa Davis said...

I like him. Very cute!tfs
Lisa

Kris Sobolik said...

Very cute!
Kris Sobolik
ksobolik@hotmail.com
www.maddiebugdesigns.blogspot.com

Kathy Mc said...

Cute, cute, cute! One will never forget Big Bird.
bdlakebum at yahoo dot com

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Wow! This one bowled me over. Love it!!

jlfstudio at live.com

Slide Show