Sunday, August 9, 2009

Flood Cards for August

Here are more flood cards I received over the weekend. I just love flood month.

This card was not posted on the SCS website as it is really a very personal card and my daughter already took it and wrote on it. This is from a friend that I have gotten close to after several swaps we have been in. We seem to have a lot in common. Anyway, she knew about the benefit for my daughter's dad to help pay for his hospital expenses. They had him on the heart transplant list but have since taken him off since he has developed diabetes and thyroid problems. He is in his early 50's and was first diagnosed with congestive heart failure 11 years ago, just after we split. It is very hard on my daughter to know that her daddy is not going to be around for much longer. But anyway, my friend Helen Roberts sent this wonderful card with a note and a donation. Like I said, Charlotte grabbed the card and wrote daddy on the front and wrote inside of it. Thank you so much Helen. It meant the world to Charlotte.
This card is from Christy and I believe it is the first business size card I have ever gotten. I really like it because it is so different.
This card came from Joan Washburn and I love the black, white and melon. I like it better than most since this is not a set I would have gotten normally, but of course I did anyway. Now I know what to do with it.
This card is from Kathi Roberts and I love the techniques she used. It is absolutely beautiful and good use for the twill ribbon.
This card is from Denise Vaughn and I too have used the stencil to stamp with. I love it. But let me give you a little advice. When mailing, either turn the card inside out with the front towards the back or use some bubble wrap the size of the card or crinkle some paper and put it on top of the card. Your card came save and sound except all the pearls were poking out of the envelope and some had black ink on them from running through the machine. I got the ink off and the card is beautiful. Thanks.

No comments:

Slide Show