Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Congratulations Card

I have always wanted to make a ribbon flower and I had some organza that wasn't SU so I thought I try my hand in it. I just made it up. I took thread and did a running stitch at the top of the ribbon. I then pulled the two ends together and tied the thread. I then took a large scallop punch, cut between each scallop. I poked a hole in the middle. I attached an antique brand and then wetted the paper and stuck it in a tea candle holder to fold up the scallop edges. I used gold spritz spray and some gold pearls I had.


5 comments:

ThreadCatcher said...

I have some non-SU organza ribbon in my stash too. I will have to give this a try. Thanks for the how to's.
jmniffer at comcast dot net

Sandi said...

I cannot believe how many different ideas people have come up with for making the flower ribbons. This is beautiful -- how do you think these things up. Either way I am getting a nice fat folder on my hard drive with files/tutorials on making these. I just love making all the different styles. I think you are the first person to use the shimmer, which I love putting on mine.

Hugs,
Sandi Dailey
gdailey@concentric.net

Patti C said...

You did a beautiful job on the flower. Another new idea to try!
Patti C.
nym1fan@earthlink.net

Theresa said...

This flower turned out so pretty.
Theresa
tfredric@citywest.ca

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Love these ribbon flowers! Now I'll have to dig out my retired SU organza so I can make some of my own.

jlfstudio at live.com

Slide Show